Smith Fire Systems, Inc.
Job Title: Fire Alarm / Security Service Technician
Employment Type: Full Time
- High School / GED
- Associates degree in electronics or similar certification (Preferred)
- Relevant trade experience.
Experience: 3-5 Years
- Washington EL-06 Journeyman’s License
- NICET II Fire Alarm (Preferred).
- Seattle FA1, E3 and SC1 (Preferred).
Experience working with one or more of the following fire alarm systems preferred:
Siemens/Pyrotronics, EST (Edwards), Notifier, Silent Knight, Fire Lite, Simplex, Gamewell, Spectronics, Autocall, Ademco, DSC, Bosch, and Honeywell.
As a team member of Smith Fire Systems, the candidate will be required to:
- Provide best in class service for our customers.
- Respond to service calls and emergency calls in a timely fashion.
- The ideal candidate will possess the skill set to solve complex technical problems using advanced troubleshooting skills to isolate open, shorts, and ground faults and make repairs.
- The candidate must be able to identify and resolve basic to complex problems during service calls, provide customers with appropriate solutions, complete necessary repairs, and replace components.
- Candidate must be able to work overtime and take service calls.
- The candidate may be required to assist with fire alarm inspections and tenant improvement projects on an as needed basis.
- Maintain accurate and detailed service tickets using a tablet.
- Provide technical support and training to customers and coworkers when applicable.
- Present a professional image of Smith Fire Systems at all times and seek opportunities to promote additional services offered by our organization.
- Communicate and work in a positive manner with customers and team members consistently to improve the overall operations within Smith Fire Systems.
- Act as a mentor for less experienced technicians.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Candidate must have exceptional customer service skills and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
- Capable of servicing, programming, and installing all types of fire alarm and security systems.
- Capable of working with hand tools, multi-meters, and power tools.
- Duties include the use of a ladder.
- Position may require candidate to work in confined spaces.
- Candidate will need to frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass a DMV background check.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Medical, dental, and life insurance
- Sick leave
- Vacation time
- 401k with matching program
- Paid training
- 8 paid holidays