Smith Fire Systems, Inc.
Job Title: Sales Representative
Employment Type: Full Time
- High School / GED
- Associates Degree in Business Administration
- Relevant Trade Experience.
Experience: 1-3 Years Sales Experience
The ideal candidate will have experience identifying and capturing new fire and life safety inspection business.
The candidate will have a combination inside/outside sales job and will be required to:
- Present a professional image of Smith Fire Systems at all times.
- Help to create a positive work environment by communicating and working in a constructive manner with our team members.
- Develop and implement a sales strategy to capture new inspection agreements through business directories, client referrals, trade shows, cold calling
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts to new customers, current customers, and coworkers.
- Review existing customer contract logs on a weekly basis and seek additional ways to add value to their contract.
- Renew existing inspection contracts over $3K annually at least 90 days prior to the contract’s expiration. Verify actual versus estimate cost on all inspection contract renewals. Re-estimate contracts on an as needed basis to ensure profitability
- Manage Smith Fire’s Quality Assurance program by regularly scheduling customer site visits with our service staff on a monthly basis. Ensure that Smith Fire Systems is meeting and exceeding the customer’s expectations.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals with our service and management team on a monthly basis.
- Conduct Fire and Life Safety training for closed install projects, potential customers and current SFS customers.
- Regularly attend weekly sales meeting and share status on pending service agreements.
- Work with our A/R department on an as needed basis to ensure timely payment from our customers.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested.
Communication Skills: You will need to be able speak in a friendly way to current and/or potential customers. Your ability to listen, speak plainly and communicate effectively will be necessary.
Customer Service Skills: You will need to focus on ensuring our customer’s needs are being met and act as a liaison between the customer and Smith Fire Systems.
Candidate must have:
- Strong Sales Skills.
- Problem-Solving Aptitude
- Great Attention to Detail.
- Adeptness to Multitask.
- Ability to Work in Stressful Situations and a Fast Paced Environment.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills.
- Willingness to Work a Flexible Schedule.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass a DMV background check.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Medical, dental, and life insurance
- Sick leave
- Vacation time
- 401k with matching program
- Paid training
- 8 paid holidays