Smith Fire Systems History
Brandy Smith founded Smith Fire Systems in 1987. He is a third generation fire sprinkler contractor in the Pacific Northwest. Brandy’s grandfather, William Smith, worked for Viking Automatic Sprinkler Company in the 1940’s and 50’s and his father, Jerry Smith, started Sentry Automatic Sprinkler Company in 1950 and ran it until 1984.
Smith Fire Systems has grown from 1 to 150+ employees and includes services such as fire sprinkler (1987), fire alarm (2003), security (2003), backflow prevention (2003), fire extinguishers (2003), and suppression systems (2011).
From 1988 until 1994 Smith Fire was located in a 6,400 sf building off Orchard Street in Tacoma. In 1995 the corporate office and fabrication facility moved into our current 36,000 sq ft facility off 54th Ave E in Tacoma. In 1999 the 4,800 sq ft branch office in Marysville, WA was opened to support customers in the North Puget Sound region.