Fire Sprinkler Designer
Employment Type: Full Time
- Associates or bachelors degree in drafting, engineering, mathematics (Preferred)
- Relevant industry experience.
- 3 years minimum performing fire sprinkler design utilizing AutoCAD, REVIT, HASS, or other design software.
- NICET III Water-based systems layout (Preferred)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Medical, dental, and life insurance.
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation.
- 401K with matching program.
- 8 paid holidays.
Fire Alarm Technician
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Description: Smith Fire Systems is currently seeking a Fire Alarm Technician for our Fire Alarm Protection Group: This position requires the ability to service, repair and replace fire alarm products and inspect fire alarm systems for established customers on a scheduled basis. Job duties include, but are not limited to, servicing, inspecting, and testing fire alarm systems to prescribed standards, performing on-site emergency troubleshooting, programming and repairs of our customer’s fire alarm systems, identifying code and non-conformance issues and accurate and timely reporting of these issues on service tickets and material reports. Duties may include assistance with the installation of new contracted fire alarm systems or assist as an additional person on alarm inspections as needed. The ideal candidate will also participate in our On-call rotation to provide 24/7 coverage for after-hours emergency service to our customers.
Job Skills: Experience working with one or more of the following systems: Siemens/Pyrotronics, Edwards (EST or Vigilant), Notifier, Silent Knight, Fire Lite, Simplex, Gamewell, Potter, Ademco, Bosch. Candidate must have exceptional customer service skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Independently or as a team work to determine and correct system malfunctions on various system manufacturers’ equipment daily and provide verbal and written updates to customers. Must be able to read blueprints, coordinate and oversee other employees when need arises, think logically and have a grasp on troubleshooting process common to the industry. Capable of working with multi-meters, hand tools and power tools and an electronic tablet for service reporting. Ensures that Company owned test or installation equipment is in proper working order and returns equipment in need of repair
Experience: 3-5 Years
- Washington EL-06 Journeyman’s License
- NICET II Fire alarm (Preferred).
- Seattle FA1. (Preferred).
Physical Demands: Must be able to stand, walk, reach and bend for extended periods of time. May be required to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Must be able to climb a ladder or use a mechanical man lift. Must be sufficiently flexible to crawl through attics and crawl spaces when required. Must have the ability to drive to extended distances to and from appointments. Position may require candidate to work in confined spaces.
- High School / GED
- Prefer an associate degree in electronics or similar certification
- Relevant trade experience.
Employment Requirements: Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass and DMV background check. Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Benefits: Competitive pay Tools Provided CEU fees and license renewals paid 401K Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Benefits Paid Holidays Paid Vacation Paid Sick Leave Company Service Vehicle Company Mobile phone, Laptop and Tablet
- Inspection, Testing & Maintenance of fire protection systems and equipment.
- Manage Tools and equipment necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Manage job site and completion of assigned work in a timely manner.
- Provide excellent Customer Service.
- Work effectively with office staff to improve service delivery.
Qualifications for a successful candidate are:
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude with excellent customer service skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to learn quickly and work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Basic computer knowledge (MS Office).
- Ability to Lift up to 90 lbs.
- NICET II ITT
- Washington State Dept. of Health BAT License
- Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries Specialty Plumbers License
- Seattle Certificate for AS-1, FA-1
- Valid WA State driver’s license with acceptable Driving Record.
- Security and background check
- Physical and clean drug screening.
- GED / HS Equivalency
Job Type: Full-time